Are you starting to think about selling your home? Even if you’ve sold a home in the past, you’re probably only familiar with traditional home sales, where both buyer and seller are represented by a real estate agent. Did you know there’s another option?
You may be interested in a quick, all-cash sale to an experienced Seattle real estate investor. In today’s post, we’ll compare the processes, explain the benefits of selling your home quickly, and much more.
Selling your home with an agent
The first step most homeowners take when selling their home is to list their property with a real estate agent. Of course, before listing, simply finding a trustworthy agent takes time and effort: asking friends and relatives for referrals, interviewing prospective agents, and negotiating their duties and commission.
But once you’ve found your agent, they’ll:
- Recommend improvements to your home to increase the curb appeal and value — and in turn their commission
- Stage your home to make it more appealing to potential buyers — in the Seattle area home staging companies can cost thousands of dollars and can be a hassle to deal with
- Hire photographers to take professional photos of your home — yet another cost that they’ll want to recoup by getting a higher price for your home
- List your home on real estate databases so it can be found by other agents and homebuyers
- Host open houses and showings, which can interrupt your daily life
- Finalize the deal by scheduling inspections, negotiating offers, closing dates, and the other minutiae that goes into a real estate transaction
- Wait for repairs to be made to meet a buyer’s wishes or lower the sales price accordingly
- Hope the buyer’s financing comes through to finish off the sale or be ready to start the whole process over again
Can you see where this system fails homeowners?
It’s costly, time consuming, and stressful.
Yes, a skilled agent may be able to increase the price your home sells for, but that extra money won’t all be profit in your pocket. And what happens if your agent isn’t able to get the price they want for your home? Will they be willing to wait for that “perfect buyer” — or more importantly, will you be willing to wait?
For sale by owner (FSBO)
You also have the option of selling your home yourself. This is almost never a good idea for a first-time home seller. There are too many mistakes to be made and your stress level will be through the roof.
Additionally, it can be hard to set emotion aside when you’re the homeowner and the seller. You may feel defensive about the complaints buyers have or insulted at offers you perceive as too low. Generally speaking, most people regret the FSBO process, especially if they’ve never sold a home before.
Selling to an experienced real estate investor
Here at Sound Redevelopment, we’re experienced local real estate investors. We’ve bought hundreds of homes in the Seattle and Portland metro areas, directly from their owners. Here’s how we work:
- You call us at (206) 717-5787 or contact us online when you’re ready to sell — or even when you’re just thinking about it
- We’ll answer your questions and learn a bit about your property and why you’re looking to sell
- If we’re a good fit, we’ll schedule a visit to your property — usually within a day or two of your call to us
- We’ll tour your property — if you’re out of state you don’t even need to be there
- We’ll ask a few more questions and within 24 hours we’ll send you our all-cash offer
- If you accept, we’ll handle all the paperwork and deposit $10,000 in earnest money to your account
- You pick the closing date which can be as quick as 2-3 days
Do you see the difference? Real estate investors like Sound Redevelopment are different from traditional homebuyers. We don’t require:
We’re ready to buy your home in as-is condition for a great all-cash offer. And we’ll work with you, not against you. You’re in control of the process and can accept our offer and finalize the sale on your terms.
Why sell your home quickly?
Because selling to a real estate investor is a much faster and more transparent process than working with a real estate agent, it’s a great choice for homeowners who need to sell a home fast.
Over the years, we’ve worked with sellers who:
- Inherited a property they didn’t want and who were located too far away for a traditional home sale — or just didn’t want to deal with the hassle
- Were being relocated for work or family reasons and needed to move quickly and weren’t interested in the slow timeline of a traditional sale
- Had a home in need of repairs or that had been damaged by fire, smoke, or water — a traditional home sale either wouldn’t be possible or would require significant repairs or concessions by the sellers
- Needed to sell the home fast to settle an estate or finalize a divorce
Benefits of a fast all-cash home sale
- No repairs to make
- No inspections
- No picky buyers to deal with
- No agents to pay
- No contingencies
- No financing to fall through
- No stress, worry, or hassle
Thinking about selling a home in the Seattle area? Let’s talk.
We’ll be the first to tell you, our all-cash offer likely won’t match the highest bid from a traditional home buyer. But if you consider the time, cost, stress, and potential frustration of a traditional sale, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how competitive our cash offer really is.
So if you’re thinking about selling your home in the Seattle area and you want to sell it fast, contact our experienced all-cash home buyers.
We can make you an offer in less time than it took you to read this blog post. Well not quite, but pretty darn close!